(HealthDay News) -- Materials used in modern playgrounds, often plastics and rubber, can get very hot in the summer sun and are capable of burning a child's skin, the Consumer Product Safety Commission says.
The agency offers parents this advice:
- A child can get a thermal burn even in mild weather.
- Watch for uncoated metal equipment, dark-colored plastics, asphalt and concrete surfaces.
- Check the temperature of the playground equipment.
- Dress your child in appropriate clothing.
- Always watch children when they are at the playground.
This article: Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.